Barrelhouse loves to celebrate books just like you do, so let's do that thing together! We're interested in running reviews of books that fit Our Whole Thing. You read Barrelhouse, so you know what we're about. Let that be your guide. And also, these:Book Review Guidelines:
- Reviews should focus on recent (last two years) small press titles--especially debuts.
- Interested in full-length or chapbook-length collections of poetry & prose. Hybrid, graphic, multi-modal--sure! We'll give it a whirl.
- 750 words or less. Seriously. Please don't send 900 words and think we'll edit that down. Nope. If you have an idea for something longer, ask first.
- Include publisher, price, pg.#s and word count on the review.
- Include a link to the publisher's website for purchase. We want to support small presses!
- Include an image of the cover if possible.
- No self-published titles, sorry.
- Open to non-standard reviewing forms, as long as it doesn't distract from the book in question. Proceed with caution.
- All accepted reviews are subject to editorial suggestions. Obviously.
- We love you but we can't pay for your reviews at this time.
Note: if you are an author or a publisher who wants to put an ARC into our hands, query first
for instructions about how to do that.